Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Road to the Other Side

The Downside of my career journey...

My job search has nothing promising yet. I did not get that other job after rejecting the jewellery event company's offer. It sucks to be rejected but oh well, that wasn't the first time.

Last week, I went for an interview and was required to make a presentation on a project that I have covered on. Overall, I thought my presentation went well. Even the interviewees said so, commenting that my presentation could make me stand out among other candidates. But... 1 week has since passed and yet I receive no call from them. Well, I guess I did fail to answer some of their interview questions and probably, did not do that well in the surprised written test at the end of the interview. It was all hell break loose! The written test is tough considering that it's a "surprise" and me, having poor writing skills and a brain size of a pea :(

Again, rejected. Urgh.

And, my current company keeps abusing me, sharing me with their new joint venture company! So basically, I am doing the Marcom role for both companies, including designing their new company logo and all the marketing collaterals.

So smart huh, avoiding engaging profession creative agency to do the work that may cost them a bomb...


Well, the Upside is... this leads to a freelance designing opportunity!!

I have a new business idea! I love it when these ideas seems to pop up out of nowhere. In fact, it was something that I had thought about but was not confident in doing so. But now, with a potential client enquiring, it gives me a kick start that things may work out after all! I'm so excited! Using all my skills that I acquired in designing artwork for my current company, I am trying out as a Freelance Designer, designing artwork for outside companies at an affordable rate. If I manage to clinch this project and do it well, subsequently, there will be more projects given to me.

I have even thought of a name for my business;

LEAH Creative Work.

Depends on how it goes, I will decide if a professional profile and website to showcase my work is required...

So with my current job, it gives me more time to try out this new business. I would probably put off my job search until end of this year and see how it goes.

I have found the ROAD TO THE OTHER SIDE :)



1 comment: