Thursday 9 October 2014

Things will change, if you change...

Keep positive vibes and you will see a difference. Yes, you will.

Ever since I stayed away from negative vibes, I've been feeling happier than before. I no longer feel that I'm just waiting for days to pass, get stuck in my emotions of not being seen or treated fairly, or even think why I can't be somebody else.

I'm thankful for things that are happening to me in 2014. Although my circle of friends have grown smaller in size, I no longer have to fake optimism or feel shunned as if my presence is not needed when I'm with my friends. I'm glad that God opened up an opportunity for me to make amends with people that I have lost touched with and strengthen the friendship that I have built along the way. For those that have come and left, thank you for being part of my life because that's where the chapter of my life ends with you in it.

I'm learning ways to manage my finance, always keeping in check if we have enough for the whole month, until one day I realised that you can't save if you are in debt. I'm not in debt, truly. It's just that we have a lot of things to pay for since we are renovating our house. I struggled with payments and at the same time, scrimping every penny which led to even more debts. Don't get what I mean? Heh, never mind. I envied those earning higher salary than me and wished that I could achieve more for a better life. However, things change when I let go of my ego to save every month and pondered over what I could achieve with the little income that I have. Take a look at this article. It's very encouraging that let you have a different perspective of why salary doesn't matter. Applying this concept, I concentrate on clearing my payments, limit my expenses and alhamdullilah, I've seen a difference that it makes to my financial situation.

Excited for my new house, our renovation works are 90% complete. We checked for defects last night and hopefully our contractor can get it rectified by this Friday. My tolerance for my contractor's attitude is really off limit but I keep repeating to myself that this situation is temporary and it will end soon. Well, he's not a bad person to start with but he lacks the initiative and has poor customer service skills. In terms of workmanship, I would rate it 9/10. So that's the deal. You get good workmanship but poor customer service. I say, I go for workmanship. Some snapshots of my renovation works here:
I've just made some baking sale last week out of a regular customer. At the same time, business for tailoring service is really picking up beyond my expectations. Kudos to Carousell! It's such a good app that I don't even require to create a facebook page or website (of course 1 day I will do!). I've received countless of enquiries and mostly are for wedding events in November. Wow! Good thing is, I'm partnering with my mom for this business and we intend to take it further next year for Hari Raya despite my Dad's disapproval. It's quite tiring but I enjoyed every second of it because you can copy ideas but you can never copy skills that's learnt. Hopefully, one day, I can realised my dream of owning either an F&B or tailoring business!

Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment