Wednesday 9 October 2013

Eating Clean and Training Mean is Addictive

Ever since my last Phuket holiday this year, I dreamed of that perfect body every single day - the "washboard-like" tummy where no solid layers of fats will appear whenever I sit or squat. I get very self-conscious whenever my belly fats starts folding like nobody's business. Urgh. Well, it's not as if I haven't been working out, I did go running once a week but my belly fats seemed so stubborn.

Credits: Brimtime
From then on, exercising 2-3 times weekly had been my goal and I had achieved this momentum. But the result was still not satisfying -- my belly fats just didn't want to go away! Desperate, I turn to motivational pages on instagram and did a research on the web. I have always believe that one should just eat what they feel like eating in life as long as it is in moderation, and of course, to exercise regularly. My research seems to prove otherwise. That is when, I discovered the beauty of +EatingClean TrainingDirty.

Eating clean really works wonder. My favourite reference for creating healthy meal is Videomeals where I pick some ideas here and there and make it my own. My progress has been successful. Many have commented that I have lost weight and wondered if I went on a strict diet. STOP!


Get it, no? Lol. Well, I'm not a dietician so I can't really be 100% sure that the meals I have created are 100% healthy. But one thing for sure, it do helps when you pay attention to the food items you are selecting which will end up in your body. My secret is to cut down on carbohydrate. When I start to realise that rice will turn to sugar and then, to fats (carbo killer), I freaked out. Talking about rice, I suddenly miss my mom's cooking. When was the last time I had home-cooked rice with dishes???

Below are some of my own creations. Be creative!
Tuna Salad: Lettuce, Chilli Tuna, Fully-Boiled Eggs

Chicken Breast, Sauteed Mushroom and Noodles


Almond and Banana Soya Milkshake with Peanut Butter
1 cup of Almond Soya Milk
1 Banana
1 teaspoon of Peanut Butter

Pre-Workout: Oven Baked Banana with Peanut Butter
Post-Workout: Eff Tofu, Sauteed Mushroom and Shitake Mushroom Chicken Breast
It's really addictive. I feel guilty on my cheat days and make it a point to workout twice as much. Nevertheless, it's a healthy addiction isn't it?

Leah A A


No comments:

Post a Comment