Monday 14 October 2013

Ranting That I Am Tired :(

It's less than 2 months away and I am feeling so tired. It's like a race that never ends. It's coming near but yet, it feels so far away.
Credits: Ditch The Tiara
Get what I meant? LOL

Technically, we have 6 weeks left towards our wedding -- minus the weekdays as things rarely get done on weekdays, minus 1 weekend each week since my fiance always work OT during the weekend -- we are left with 6 DAYS! And having said that, minus the sleeping hours, resting time and so on and so on....Goodness! Loads and loads of things are swirling in my brain that I could hardly gather my thoughts. I have never thought that wedding planning is this tiring. Having worked in the event companies previously, event planning has become something of an ordinary for me (not bragging, but it's true!). How irony is that planning for other people's event is much more effortless as compared to your own event?

Both of us are tired. Tired as we are, we gotta keep going right? Keeping our checklist in check constantly, I would proudly say that we are... 70% almost there!

  • ... continued from previous list
  • Wedding cards printed and collected
  • Distribution of wedding cards (3 weeks before event date)
  • Buy all the wedding exchange gifts for both male and female side
  • Bridal room painting works and furnishing
  • Collect our pre-wedding photoshoot album
  • Fitting of bridal outfit
  • Body and facial spa
  • Buy my corset
  • Buy his capal 
  • and so the list carry on...
So you see, there is no definite affirmation that you have covered everything. Things will pop up suddenly at the very last minute and tadah... your list gets longer and longer. In fact, the most exhausting part of the task list was the journey to and fro from Singapore to Larkin to get our wedding cards printed. As the supplier is still trading using the traditional way (no internet access or emails like seriously!) of business dealings, we had to make trips down to Larkin many times so as to just to approve the artwork before they get them mass printed. Yes, mind you, the journey is not the same as from Yishun to Tampines okay? Mmm, maybe the distance is the same? But you have to consider the custom clearance, traffic jam and all that nonsense.
See what I meant? Handwritten amendment,
black and white, fax dealing...Stone age sia..

We always look this happy in the morning...

... and when the mid-day comes...
Credits: LBC

Nevertheless, thank god that we have collected the wedding cards and I am so looking forward to distributing them so that I can have one more thing strike off my list. 


This is the Facebook invite that I have sent out to gather the RSVP and address so that I can distribute my wedding cards. Designed by me. Nice or not?

Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment