Friday 15 August 2014

Overly Egg-cited!!!

I can't believe I just declined my boss' offer to accompany him to Europe for the Worldwide Meeting in October. Call it stupid or whatever because I would rather spend my time with Hubby and concentrate on our ongoing Reno works. YES, Reno works!

Wheee!
Our Reno started 5th Aug and so far, I have only visited my house once. Jeez, some ownership I have! Haha. Well, there is nothing much to see just yet since the last time I visited. We had electrical wiring done, and the workers were still sorting huge piles of sand for the haulage works. That was then, but 4 days ago, my flooring had arrived! So I'm overly excited to see my house later picturing my house with the glorious marble. Heh!

Honestly, I wasn't that much excited before during the process of searching for ID, comparing quotes, asking for discounts etc. It was a tiring work and I hate it. During this period, I met different king of people - the "Ya Ya Papaya", the "Arrogant", the "Si Bei Expensive", the "Super Persistent" - and many more. In fact, I didn't really had a good impression of my chosen contractor from the start he contacted me until the first day I met him. If I can recall, his website didn't impress me, see how important a good image is? But after receiving his quote, eh not bad lei! Typical Singaporean, I know. But that's not all, I like the way he respected our "terms and conditions" and didn't push us to do more than necessary unlike other contractors. Workmanship wise, I have to wait and see the outcome.

The thing that made me excited was also the fact that my sofa bed has arrived, parked in a corner of our room, in my mom's place. Call it an impulse purchase! I couldn't resist the offer of getting this sofa at $99 ONLY! And what's more, it was exactly the kind of furniture I was looking for. I'm a happy kid, not sure about Mr. Husband though!

 
I'm filling my brain with lazy thoughts of just lying on that sofa and drinking hot chocolate on a rainy days :D
 
The momentum has now pick up and I am thinking of a whole long list of fixtures/fittings to buy so that our contractor can help us with the mounting. Things like mirror, picture frame, toiletries items etc. I better come up with a list of items to buy before I forget anything that requires drilling onto the delicate wall. How exciting!
 
Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment