Monday 5 May 2014

Sewing, the new Generation :D

May day... or rather, it's May HEAT!

Help, the weather is freaking humid and I perspire almost anytime of the day, including the moment I step out from my shower. How bad is that? This is so human nature, hot weather complain, cold weather also complain, and I'm so guilty of that ;p

The dry spell is causing me dizzy spells, and I'm feeling nauseas for a week already (I didn't really vomit). Wait! I know what you're thinking...

NOPE. I'm not pregnant...Yet.

Credit: themarysue

Erm, well, it couldn't be right? LOL.

Anyway, I just started my sewing class recently and it's pretty awesome! It was a 3 hour lesson and I had only learnt how to take blouse measurements plus practising to sew straight and curved lines using the sewing machine. I'm amazed at the number of youngsters, including me (teehee), whom actually signed up for this private sewing classes( #sewingclassessingapore ). I had never thought that it would interest this age group.

I'm so geared up for my Saturday weekly as I will be learning how to sew. Those who know me personally may find it weird that I am attending this classes as my mom is a seamstress. So why am I not getting lessons from her? Well, all I can say is that, she is a Busy Woman. LOL. Guess I will learn the basics and approach her when I am more confident in doing patterned designs :D

And for the record, throughout my 26 years of life, my mom had only taught me how to sew a skirt.

Hehe.

I'm so excited! I just bought cloth yesterday at Woodlands Town Centre (had a hard time to find this place, seriously!) for my next lesson and also, for me to recap on how to sew a pencil skirt. Who knows someday, I will own a fashion retail business!

Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment