Saturday 17 May 2014

The Unexpected News

The situation at my workplace was pretty bad the past few weeks with rumors spreading that my Director was resigning at the end of the month. It's complicated to explain how the situation of him resigning will affect us but trust me, the morale to work was super low. Because of that, I have been slacking in my job, trying to pass through days and drag myself to work everyday. I was quite depressed considering that I had only been 5 months into the job and this was what I was already feeling.

But something changed. I received an email from my VP Marketing from HQ, #Chiasso.

To cut the story short, I have to go Chiasso for training and it will happen in 2 weeks time!

Credits: Glee Wiki
Shit. Nervous. And scared.

Imagine, me, alone, on a 12 hours flight, carrying a freaking heavy luggage, with laptop, and my blur eyesight, landing in Milan instead of Swiss Airport since it's nearer to travel to Chiasso and hoping that I would not get lost from country to another country, and not forgetting that these European rarely speaks English and how am I suppose to commute with them??!!

Plus...plus...plus....

I have to make a presentation to the Marketing Team there and I'm having some Asian inferiority syndrome that it's making my stomach do crunches each time I think of it!

2 weeks. DIE.

Credits: Quizzicalllama

Suddenly, with that news, I became super busy. I was scrambling to complete my unfinished task at work because straight after I come back from Chiasso, I have 2 events and the preparation have yet to even start. Serious shit.

My first ever #SOLO Business Trip. Good luck to me man!

Leah AA

No comments:

Post a Comment