Monday 28 April 2014

LEAH's Kitchen: Black Pepper Prawn

One of our friend hosted a #potluck session at her new house last week. And since I had to come up with a dish for the gathering, I decided to give it a go for #blackpepperprawn. I've always loved the way my mom did her black pepper dishes but I decided that I shall venture into my own recipe without asking her for the recipe, grabbing some tips here and there from the internet :D
 
Feeling like a "Kiasu-aunty", I was so happy when I saw Sheng Siong was having a promotion for prawns, at only $14.90 per kg! Perfecto...! So I bought 2 kg, to cook for my friends, as well as for my own family. Oh, and I did a "bimbotic" act in the supermarket, refusing to touch the prawns with my own bare hands and getting the staff to select and weigh the prawns for me! LOL.
 
 
Black Pepper Prawns (15-20 pax)
 
Ingredients:
20 x Garlic (chopped)
2 x Onion (chopped)
A small bit of Ginger (sliced thinly)
4 x Chilli padi (smashed)
2kg fresh prawns
2 bottle of Black Pepper Sauce (Wohup brand)
Oyster Sauce
Grounded Black Pepper
Curry Leaves
Water
Salt
Ajinomoto
 
Instructions:
1. Pour oil into a cooking wok and start frying garlic, onion, ginger and chilli padi till fragrance.
2. Pour in the black pepper sauce and water (do not pour in too much. The amount depends on how watery or how thick you want the dish to be.)
3. Add oyster sauce, prawns and black pepper. Stir-fry the dish regularly.
4. Add in curry leaves, salt and ajinomoto to taste. Mixed dish until prawn is cooked (turns orange).
 
My Healthy Rating:
Prawn is high in cholesterol so I wouldn't rate this dish as healthy.
Those with health problems should eat it in moderation.


No comments:

Post a Comment