Thursday 3 April 2014

The 1 Day Thrill at Adventure Cove

It came as a surprise for me when my hubby told me he had booked tickets to Adventure Cove. A rare treat but oh well... I was thrilled! He knows I love thrilling rides and was smart enough to get another couple for the adventure.

So last Sunday, on 30th Mar, the four of us had fun at Adventure Cove. It felt like a short retreat from the busy city and I was thankful for the companion and of course, my hubby for arranging this outing. During the outing, I couldn't help it but I was constantly comparing the rides to Wet & Wild in Australia which we visited during our honeymoon trip. Indeed it was fun and there are similar rides which are familiar but I would say the rides in Australia are definitely better.

**Disclaimer: All pictures do not belong to me. It rightfully belongs to Adventure Cove, and Wet'n'Wild website respectively.

Speed Racer VS Aqua Racer

Sadly, I didn't meet the weight requirement to try Aqua Racer (the min weight is 45kg). All thanks to the much weight that I have lost while trying to slim down for my wedding. Pfft. It was even more frustrating after queuing for so long and when your turn comes next, you were not allowed entry by the staff (I saw the requirements signboard too late!). So when I saw Speed Racer, I was so excited as I met all the requirements.

Verdict - Speed? I would rather much say "Glide". LOL. It wasn't scary and neither was it speedy enough. Looking at the architectural and design of the ride, I suspect that Aqua Racer would probably be more thrilling.


Speed Racer (AC)
Aqua Racer (WW)











Spiral Washout VS Tornado

Just look at the photos and you will know which is scarier. I swear to God I wanted to faint when I ride Tornado - I had some doubts on the design safety and was even worried if I wouldn't be thrown out of the "trumpet"-looking thingy. And when it came to Spiral Washout, I was pretty hesitant...

Verdict - I DIED AGAIN....NOT! Seriously, the ride made me laugh all the way. Not only was it not scary, we had to even try pushing ourselves to follow the water flow during the ride. LOL. Unbelievable.


Spiral Washout (AC)
Tornado (WW)









Adventure River VS Calypso Bay

This relaxing river thingy has always been my favourite in all water theme park. What could be so different right? Well, I was wrong...

Verdict - This time, I take my hat off for AC. I was impressed that they have tied some viewing of the underwater world species as part of the ride. So while you are relaxing on the float, you can admire those beautiful creatures as well. Wonderful!

Adventure River (AC)
 
Calypso Bay (WW)











There other rides which I will not spoil your fun before visiting Adventure Cove. Although in terms of thrill expectations, WW fare much more better but the visit to AC was worthwhile. What matters most would be the companions you go with. Lastly, would I go for the second time? Probably not.

 
Our GOPRO Moments
















 
Cheers!
 
Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment