Thursday 4 September 2014

Pictures are not 100% rosy all the time

I'm waiting for time to pass as I blog useless thoughts here. I say useless because these thoughts are really uncalled for and I know I should appreciate what He has bestowed upon me. But I can't help it. Well... I've been feeling down the past few days, envying the glamorous lives of others who seems to have no boundaries to travel all over the world or achieving successful career. For instance, take a look at this instagram account @esteezaki and you will know what I mean (boohoo!).

The clothes, the lifestyle, the beauty... all of these seems picture perfect! How can these be? I don't even have time (or rather, quite lazy) to even put on proper makeup and clothes to go to work every morning; preferring baggy clothes rather than body-hugging outfit, flat shoes rather than heels, and quick eyeliner drawn rather than having full makeup. Jeez, with such a lazy attitude, how to be picture perfect?

I know right.

I read somewhere that there are some ways to overcome this self-esteem. One of it is to write down the list of things that you are grateful for, and you will realise that things for you is not that bad after all. Well, let's try and see...

  1. I'm married to my "dream" husband who cares for and loves me to the moon and back.
  2. I have a complete family which I know I can rely on
  3. I own a property at the age of 25
  4. I've been to Europe for a solo business trip
  5. I'm holding a decent job with a good pay (and time to do personal things during office hours!)
  6. My financial situation has never left me to starve or in debts
  7. I've successfully saved a large sum of money for my wedding
  8. I've completed my private degree using my own savings
  9. I've learnt sewing and can make my own dresses at the moment
  10. I have great friends whom I can gossip and have fun with...
Hmm... Not too bad, for the 1st 10 list!

I guess every individual has something that they are grateful for. Whatever is being portrayed on social media may just be a façade and there could be something else lying underneath that beautiful smile. I've just seen a shocking photo of a CEO whom I used to work with, someone who holds 6 companies (as she claimed) and holds the title of Business Guru. Someone, whom I believe is one of her haters, had created a fake FB account, uploading photos of her and her scandal behaving intimately. Problem here is that she's married, to a home-stay husband (as she always proudly announced) and has 3 lovely-looking kids. But... that photo... with all hugs and close proximity to other guy... It is just heart-breaking to imagine what her husband and kids will feel when they see this today :(

If you climb up too high, you will fall and break hard. Period.

Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment