Thursday 18 September 2014

TTC...


Ditto. AF is here to visit. Boohoo!

I've always thought that TTC is quite straightforward and easy. I am so wrong. Having TTC for nearing 6 months (I think), I'm starting to think if there is something wrong with us? My period is so regular that it comes on the dot! Well, I know there are couples out there who have been trying for years and so, who am I to complain for waiting 6 months only. But... I can't help it, my maternal instinct is doubling up rapidly that I groaned each time AF is here. Like yesterday :(

I recalled last week conversation with Mom and Sis when I told them I had a craving for Lemak Sayur Pucuk Ubi, my mom went, "Dah ade ke? (have already?)". Haha! I wished! When I told them that we are TTC, they started nagging at me for my exercises. Seriously? I mean I've heard that exercising may reduce fertility but there are some articles which encourage exercising as it helps to better prepare the body for pregnancy.

Yesterday I was really quite disappointed. The past few months, I've been a maniac, tracking my ovulation and fertile period, as if by doing so we will hit the jackpot. When we failed, I totally removed this "tracking" method and tried to take things naturally. So for last month, we just let it happen. Ditto. We failed.

My friend had recommended Blackmore as she was successful with that. It's so tempting to just try it but Husband disagree and prefers to take things naturally. Sad! And so I thought, I have to do something, at least naturally (pfft!), to increase the chances of pregnancy. Well, I have to admit that maybe my exercise routine do play a part in my chances to conceive as my body feels tired and exhausted every single day. I'm not totally omitting exercising out since it has always been part of my lifestyle, but probably I could something about it. For instance, reducing the intensity?

I've gathered this list by sourcing through various website. I'm going to start my next project #TTC. For those of you who are still puzzled what TTC means, google it! :p

Food that Boost Fertility

Fruits
  • Bananas, Oranges, Berries, Prunes, Mangoes
Vegetables
  • Asparagus, Broccoli, Spinach, Lettuce, Garlic, Bell Peppers, Potatoes, Yam
Seafood/ Fish
  • Shellfish, Salmon, Cod, Snapper
Poultry
  • Eggs, Beef, Lamb
Beans/ Nuts
  • Almonds, Peas, Edamame (my favourite!),Lentils, Pumpkin seeds, Kidney beans, Tofu
Others
  • Whole Milk, Whole Wheat Bread, Olive oil, Yogurt, Green Tea
Moderate Exercises
  • Cycling
  • Brisk Walking
  • Swimming
  • Zumba
  • Light Jogging
The list could be exhaustive but this is as much that I could gather. I hope that this project works! Give me some baby dust y'all!

Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment