Wednesday 17 September 2014

Small steps at a time...

When we said, "It's ok, take your time. We are not in a hurry to move-in to our new home", never did we realize our contractor will really take his own sweet time. Not that we mind now, but I'm just getting excited seeing the bits and pieces of work happening at our home right now. I wish I could see the end results, like now! Haha!

So far, the workmanship is not too bad. We faced several issues here and there but Alhamdullilah, they are easily resolved. As of today, our reno progress already have the kitchen carcass done up and I quite like the color. It was suppose to be different shades of pink but because the laminate material went obsolete, we had to make do with another color (I know right, blue is so off from the original pink). It turns out to be quite pretty (too soon to say huh?) right now. Hehe.

That's my dear husband :)
While I can't wait for this process to end, I'm quite tied down in terms of financial these past few months. The reno works has drained up all our savings and it will take some time for us to pick up the pace again. I'm quite grateful towards my parents who are kind enough to let us stay with them, and not rushing for us to move out. In fact, they are suggesting that we should stay with them and rent out our new house (quite typical huh?).

Speaking of dollars and cents, I really need to save up for my Bali trip this December (help!).

Hubby has been very supportive in terms of financial. I wish that I could do more for him and so I reciprocate by making him packed lunch, cooked for him dinner, and try my best to do the laundry for him. I'm so happy that he had completed his studies which could lead to a promising future for both of us. I'll be happy if he could just find another job which allows him to spend more time with me while bring home a decent paycheck.

I wish to earn side income and have some plans in starting a new business in the future. In the past, I've tried selling cosmetics, perfumes, and took up freelance designing jobs but none of them were long-term. However this time, I wish to make it long-term but I just can't decide between these two:
 
Food Business or Retail/ Tailoring Business
 
Help me pick? Or should I do both?
 
 
Of course these are just ideas at the moment. I will need to brush up my skills in these 2 areas and we shall see how to move ahead from there. Currently, I'm just testing market using Carousell app. LOL.
 
My latest tailoring project - The Bridesmaid

A customer that ordered Honey Cornflakes from me
 
 
Leah A A

No comments:

Post a Comment